You are here
Cool Japan Festival 2017 at High Street Phoenix Mumbai
‘Cool Japan Festival’ returns to bring the best of Japanese culture, food & entertainment at High Street Phoenix
With the 6th edition of Cool Japan Festival, High Street Phoenix gets ready to experience all things Japan during India’s biggest Japanese cultural festival this November
13th November 2017, Mumbai: Japanese products, cars and technology have been a part of India for the longest time. There is so much to know about Japan’s diverse culture, tasty and healthy food, unique products and services, which is why one must attend Cool Japan Festival 2017 in November this year at High Street Phoenix, Mumbai on 25th and 26th November 2017.
Initiated in 2012 as part of the 60th friendship year between Japan & India, Cool Japan Festival first took place in Mumbai as part of a project by Japan’s Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry (METI). Since then, it has become an annual event held at High Street Phoenix, Mumbai, organized by Maidoindia (Maido Enterprises Pvt. Ltd) a company that has been promoting Japanese food & culture in India since 2007.
Many Japanese companies are participating in the project this year. Some of these include All Nippon Airways (ANA), Kirin Beer (Kirin Holdings Singapore Pte Ltd), Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd (DNP), Fantasista Inc, Suncolette Pte Ltd, KOSE Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Muginoho Global Pte Ltd (Beard Papa), The Japan Times (media partner) and many more. The festival will also see Japan’s first national anime ambassador Doraemon along with popular anime character Shin‐chan attending the festival.
“Several Japanese companies want to be a part of the ‘Indian growth story’. Some of them already had plans to test their products in the Indian market and we hope we can be a catalyst and assist them in their India journey” commented Mr. Hakuei Kosato, the Founder & Director of Maido Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
Here are some interesting highlights of Cool Japan Festival 2017:
1. The festival’s brand ambassadors are sure to add a lot of excitement to the event
- Miss World Japan 2016–Ms. Priyanka Yoshikawa, will charm the visitors in Mumbai, representing the rich bio‐cultural heritage of 2 of the most beautiful & diverse cultures in the world
- Mr. Narendra Kumar, the famous fashion designer who is a big admirer of Japan and has been supporting the event since its inception will come and speak about Japan
2. The energetic Japanese Pop singer & DJ, Yayoi Daimon will perform some of her favorite songs at High Street Phoenix
3. Japan’s first national anime ambassador Doraemon, along with popular anime character Shin‐chan will be a part of the festival and entertain the visitors, especially the kids attending the festival
4. Another interesting line up is a series of dance performances by:
- Sahelia – a group of Japanese dancers travelling from Japan to perform on Bollywood numbers
- Spice Madams ‐ a group of talented Japanese ladies living in India, who enjoy dancing on Bollywood numbers, in Mumbai
5. For all the Japanese Anime fans, Cool Japan Festival 2017 will showcase a Cosplay Fashion Show where comics and pop culture from all over India will unite to showcase popular Japanese anime characters
6.The Mumbai Kendo Club will demonstrate, Kendo the ‘way of the sword’, one of the many Japanese martial art forms using bamboo swords and protective armor, in Mumbai
7. One of the main highlights of the event each year is the Japanese Food corner where one can try authentic Japanese food dishes such as:
- Miso Soup, the traditional, healthy & tasty Japanese soup
- Dorayaki, a Japanese sweet made with Azuki red bean paste
- Fresh & natural cream puffs, prepared by popular Japanese brand Beard Papa
- Sushi, the trendiest Japanese food in the word
- Yakitori, a must try Japanese style grilled chicken dish
On the occasion of the announcement of Cool Japan Festival, Japanese Ambassador to India, Mr. Kenji Hiramatsu commented, “In the recent years, the relationship between Japan and India has become even stronger in political and economic aspects, with the backdrop of deep ties in history and culture. While the global situation is becoming increasingly uncertain, we can be sure that the Japan‐India relationship is unshakeable. The year 2017 is marked as a year of Japan‐India friendly exchanges by both the Governments, and the Cool Japan Festival is one of the major events to wrap up the entire program. I wish the organizers great success for the festival”.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajendra Kalkar, President (West), The Phoenix Mills Limited said, “Cool Japan Festival was a great hit last year with patrons pouring in to witness Japanese culture at High Street Phoenix. This year, the festival gets larger than life with more brands participating and more events that our patrons can experience.”
As Japan gears up to visit & feel India, let us welcome India’s old friend with a humble ‘bow’ and get ready to feel Japan closer than ever before!
About maidoindia (Maido Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.):
Maidoindia is in the business of bringing Japan closer to India through food, art, culture and much more since 2007. The company owns & operates India’s premier take-away Japanese food service, Sushi and more (since 2011) and organizes the largest Japanese event in India – Cool Japan Festival (since 2012).
Buy the Amazon Echo, Saregama's Carvaan and the best portable speakers for music on the go!
Featured Events - View All
The latest events in malls - product promotions, celebrity visits, product launches, events for kids, band performances, DJ Nights, Festival Celebrations, Social Causes and more.
|Event Photo||Event Description|
Wow Wednesday - Workshops for women at Xperia Lodha Mall
6 Jun 2018 to 29 Aug 2018